June 9, 2009

Old Wives Tales

June 24th I have my next doctors appointment and I'm hoping the peanut will cooperate so they can give me a good guesstimate as to what our lil munchkin is packing :) Once I find out, all the guessing will be over...it has been fun though. There are so many wives tales out there so I figured I'd go through them and when I find out, we will see which ones guessed right...obviously there is a 50/50 chance with all of them.

The Chinese gender chart and lunar chart:: GIRL
Input the age at conception and month of conception and it will tell you the sex. Lunar is a bit more detailed but similar.

Heartbeats : GIRL (at 9.5 weeks ours was 177)
fetal heartbeat differs for boys and girls. If you're having a girl, then the fetal heart rate will be above 140. A boy will have a heart rate below 140.

Sweet Cravings: BOY (craving vinegar like crazy)

if you can't get enough chocolate, you could be having a girl. Does the idea of drinking straight lemon juice sound delicious to you? Then those sour cravings are a result of the little boy inside of you.

Belly: GIRL (hubby thinks i carry high)

In this particular old wives' tale, if you are carrying your baby low, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be male. If you are carrying high, then, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be female.

Spoon/Fork: GIRL (did test twice)

Someone takes a spoon and a fork and hides each one underneath a pillow. Whichever one you sit on determines the sex of the baby. Spoon means girl, fork boy.

Weight Gain
: GIRL

if your husband puts on weight during your pregnancy, then you will be having a girl. If he doesn't put on a pound, then you're carrying a boy

Dreams: BOY (I've had two vivid dreams of a VERY cute boy)

it is said the majority of first dreams showing the gender of a pregnancy have an extremely high accuracy rate (http://www.janefoley.com/Content/dreams.htm)

So 5/7 point to a girl...as much as i seem to be leaning towards a girl, something keeps pointing to a boy for me. Maybe it's because I was such a little tomboy myself and always thought I'd have a boy first or because I keep referring to our baby as he or lil guy. I can't wait to find out, it will feel so much more real!

No comments:

Post a Comment