
That is the question du jour! I had my weekly doctors appointment which went well. I'm over the 150 pound mark...that puts me at +32 pounds now. My belly is so big and tight and there is noooo room in there for my poor lil man. She was touching my belly and made this funny face to which I asked what was up. She just commented that he seemed big, around the 7.5 pound mark now. Obviously that is a guesstimate...but since she does this for a living I'll just assume our son will be a lil fatty just like his daddy when he came out. I told her that Steve was in the high 8 range when born and she told me that usually doesn't matter, that they mostly take after mommy. Well I was a measly 5 pounds 13 ounces to which she goes "yeah you can forget that" lol She said he seemed on the bigger side since 20 weeks and will probably be in the mid 8's when born...this should be fun pushing him out on my hands and knees since he has yet to get in the right position. The bigger he gets, the less room he has to move and the harder the kicks to my ribs are...just fantastic. I can actually feel him when I'm sleeping on my side at night and sometimes when I turn to the other side, there is an actual arm by my hipbone and I have to switch positions or else I'd crush him.
While I was there she told me they had gotten the H1N1 flu shot, and asked if I wanted one. I told her I wasn't planning on getting it until I have Max. She looked at me as if I had two heads. She explained to me that she DID NOT agree with that decision, that it's going around like crazy and that if i get it now I'll be able to pass on anti bodies to the baby. She said I lucked out, they weren't going to last long and so I said I'd get one, which I did. I guess I'm now fully vaccinated from getting the swine flu.
I have 1.5 more weeks of work, and let me tell you, I'm counting the hours. I'm beyonddddd uncomfortable and sooo ready to get him out. My doctor said from this point on it's go time and he could come at any time and that the waiting game has begun...so my dear son, if you can hear me...pleaseeeeeeee come soon because mommy is sooo done with this...but wait, i need another week to get things ready, your nursery arrives tomorrow wohoooooooooo!
I second you on everything! The hard jabs, the lack of room inside, the 1 1/2 weeks left of work...can you believe our time is almost here?
ReplyDeleteI honestly can't, and as much as I want to meet my son, I still need a few more weeks to mentally prepare and relax after work is over haha
ReplyDelete