August 17, 2010

Max has his first Fever

My poor little boy has caught a fever of 102.8 and so Steve and Maria took him to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and has to be on antibiotics for ten days (two doses a day) and two days of tylenol (1.2ml) every four hours. He was burning up when I got home and so I put a cold wash cloth on his forehead and fed him before putting him to sleep. He woke up every 2-3 hours crying and hot and so I fed him some more and gave him more tynenol. It's the worst feeling seeing your baby in pain and all you want to do is make them feel better. Luckily after 10 pm he fell asleep for the night and woke up at 5am feeling a bit better. He still looked pale and had a fever but wasn't as hot as the night before. He seemed to be in better spirits crawling around like the champ he is. I can't wait to get home to him and shower him with love and take care of him.

1 comment: