
Who knew motherhood could be so fulfilling and wonderful and yet frustrating and tiring at the same time. Nobody I guess until you experience it for yourself. I love being a mother and I love getting to know myself better as one. This is all so new to me, and I'm learning so much about myself and my strengths and weaknesses as a mom.
The past two days have been difficult, he has been extremely fussy and cries nonstop. We don't know if it's because he has acid reflux or might be lactose intolerant but he has severe gas and so the doctors want us to change some things up and see how it goes for the next few days. If it doesn't go away we will have to go in and they will see what the problem is although they suspect it to be acid reflux. Either way, the crying bouts have been extremely difficult to handle. Watching your baby cry inconsolably and not being able to ease his pain is frustrating. I now understand why they tell you to walk out of the room and regroup because it can be extremely unnerving, especially on little sleep. Luckily Steve and I have each other and so we just take turns and allow the other to relax a bit.
I believe Max is going through a growth spurt. He has been eating in shorter intervals and so the gas has been worse and the crying longer. We were relieved today to have a few hours to ourselves to head into Manhattan while Grandma watched him. I know I needed it, although after an hour of being away from him I began to miss him sooooo much. I find myself just looking at his pictures I have on my phone and can't wait to head back home again.
He still hates sleeping away from us or in his crib/bassinet. He loves his bouncer or my lil lamb swing set, and will only fall asleep in the room we are in. So while Steve and I watch tv in the family room, Max is either in our arms sleeping or in his bouncer. It's amazing how much he likes to be cradled and rocked to sleep. He constantly has to be moving in order to sleep. I look forward to him being a bit older so i can just stick him in his crib and let him cry it out a bit, but for right now I just can't do it. He is too young and i just want him to feel loved and secure before I do that to him. I just hope we aren't spoiling him and making it that much harder on ourselves later on. It would be easier if I knew why he was crying lately, but given that he cries so much at the moment and we don't why it's even more difficult to just let him cry it out...especially since he just doesn't stop. With that being said, I have to run, because guess what... my son is crying AGAIN. Good thing I love him to pieces!
Aidan has reflux, and he was a miserable bugger until we did a couple changes. We ended up on soy formula which in itself helped a ton, but it still wasn't enough and he's on two medications (Zantac and one other) and that really does help. He's a happy baby again, and he sleeps so much better. I hope he doesn't have reflux, but if he does it WILL get better with treatment! I know I say it everytime, but he's super handsome! Can't get over it. :)
ReplyDeletehaha thanks Nicole! Yeah, I read your blog, and I think we will only use Soy from now on. Although we cut out all formula yesterday and it helped a ton! He is back to his old self. So I guess I'm going to try and only breast feed from this point forward. I'm glad Aidan is feeling better now, the crying bouts are brutal!
ReplyDelete